Professional Certificate: Overview
The Advanced Manufacturing Professional Certificate Program is a fully online, graduate-level certificate program that teaches the interdisciplinary skills needed to apply cutting-edge manufacturing techniques within a wide range of industries. Throughout the program, students gain valuable experiences with state-of-the-art industrial equipment and open-platform fabrication systems with a focus on additive manufacturing. Additionally, students investigate various materials such as polymers, metals, ceramics and biological materials, while optimizing structural design and capturing and interpreting important process data.
*The graduate certificate portion of the Advanced Manufacturing program is pending the accreditation of Mines online learning program by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
Professional Certificate: Outcomes
Upon completion of the Advanced Manufacturing Professional program, graduates will have the skills to:
- Design products for additive and advanced manufacturing processes
- Drive innovation through the effective application of simulation tools for ideation and design verification
- Leverage advanced manufacturing systems in industry to integrate state-of-the-art technologies within various fields
- Exploit data and optimization to reveal more and better R&D solutions
Professional Certificate: Details
- Each class lasts 8 weeks and requires approximately 15 hours per week
- Earn the professional certificate in one academic year (late Aug – early May)
- Designed for working professionals OR full-time students
- 100% online classes allow you to complete coursework on your schedule from any location with WiFi access
- Connect and complete your class assignments with any laptop, tablet, or handheld device